Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just an Average Conversation with an Irrational Child

My daughter.  Words can not describe that little pistol of a girl!  She can go from overjoyed to Hulk-pissed-off and back to overjoyed in 10 seconds flat!  I love the girl to pieces, but damn!  She can be exhausting!

Case in point:

Elena:  MOMMY!!!  Stop this car right now!  I want to drive!!!

Me:  Elena, you can't drive until you are 16.

Elena:  16?!?  But I can't be a mommy when I'm 16!!  That's too young!

Me:  That's true.  16 is too young to be a mommy.

Elena:  I don't want to drive when I'm 16!  I want to be 17!

Me:  O.k.  You can drive when you are 17.

Elena:  What about when I'm 100?

Me:  Yes, you can drive when you're 100.

Elena:  What about when I'm 112?

Me:  Well, most people aren't still alive when they are 112.

From here sweet girl melted down about not wanting to die and go to heaven.  Ten seconds after that meltdown, she was completely excited about going to "Meet the Teacher Night".  It's a constant ebb and flow of emotion.  Heaven help us when she reaches puberty!!

Who would believe such a cutie could be so complicated?



No comments:

Post a Comment